Let's talk about Love...






          There is less than 2 months until the wedding and I am starting to feel some serious excitement. I think about how fun it will be to be married to RJ. I have known RJ since I was 14 years old, we met in high school (well I was in high school). I would love to tell you how perfect it all was and how it was this amazing fairytale but the truth is it wasn't. It was messy and sinful and there are a lot of things I regret but It's amazing how God still uses our sin for His purpose. I was not a Christian when we first met and I was also really young so we were both very naive and stupid to say the least.

God has brought us a really long way since then, He has shown us some amazing grace through our very messy relationship. I believe it is only by Gods grace that we are still together (long story) and I'm so grateful for that. Although things are not perfect I still feel incredibly blessed to have RJ in my life.

Believe it or not I would call myself a hopeless romantic, I believe in the fairytale, I believe in head over heels love! I think It's really sad when couples don't "love" each other or when I see people settle. I see a lot of girls who are in such bad relationships with these guys who don't really like them. These guys talk about other girls, flirt with other girls, and don't really want to spend time with their girlfriend. Yet the girl still chooses to follow after this guy! Why?

That was me! It took me a really long time and a lot of tears to be able to let go of RJ. And it turned out so much better when I did! Were both different people, God took that broken relationship and worked in both of our hearts so we could be together again. But why did it take me so long to get there?
 For me it was a lack of trust in God, I was afraid of what would happen when we did break up. I had been with RJ for so long that I didn't know life a part from him. I know for some girls It's because they have been alone for so long that they want to be with someone so they settle for the first guy that comes there way. I want to encourage you not to settle for anything short of someone who absolutely love's you. When you experience that kind of love you don't want anything less! It's out there girls, you just need to hold out until it comes to you.

Don't get me wrong, I by no means think any relationship is perfect or that there is a "perfect" guy! I don't believe in the guy from the Notebook or any other girl movie. But I do believe in the kind of guy who loves the Lord, I believe in the guy who loves me and is willing to die for me. I believe in the guy who prays for me, who thinks about me when I'm not there. The kind of guy who talks about me, who visits me at work, who plans a future for me, and who will protect me. My best friend is my prince charming, and I found him!

Every relationship is work, ill say it again, every relationship is work! There are days where I want to throw in the towel and where I wish I could run away but I love RJ. I want to encourage you that there is hope! I use to think that we had to have the perfect love story otherwise we would suck as a couple (haha) but now I know that God can use any broken relationship for His glory. We don't have a perfect story but we do have a perfect God. So don't give up, God has the perfect guy out there for you.

Leave a Comment

Abby (Diligent Joy) said...

If there is one thing I wish my parents would have told me over and over again, it's that relationships take work- lots of it. We grow up thinking that we'll meet prince charming and live happily ever after and it's not true. Happily ever after is a choice and a lifetime project.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Brandi Yee said...

Such a great post! And spoken so truthfully. I see so many ppl settle or on the other hand, give up way too easily and it's sad. People have to realize that relationships take work! It will always take work, but the relationships that have endured the hurdles, are the ones that will outlast time :)

Thanks for commenting on my citrus juicer post hehe. I really do love that thing and had to blog about it...as corny as that sounds ;) haha.

Kendall said...

only 2 months away...it's going to be here before you know it!! Enjoy this time and take in all the memories you are making in the process!! So encouraged in how you give total glory to God in this!

simplyvonne said...

how exciting to be planning your wedding..and wow just 2 months!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post so much. It really encourages me to wait for that right guy and not settle for just anyone. Thanks Daisy!

wHiT said...

awe yeah! it's getting closer, and it'll show up out of no where one day and then you'll wonder "what just happened" "we did what" "we spent how much money" "i'm actually your wife" at least those were my thoughts ;)
-wHiT

Emily w/Amazing Grapes said...

This is great! Except the whole 'not believing in Noah from The Notebook'?? what?! - I jest.

I agree 110% with you on no relationship is perfect and it takes work. A lot of work. I see that in my 4 1/2 year relationship through many ups and downs, just how much work it takes. But its so wonderful having God be in it to get through and concur those days.
Congrats on the 2 month countdown!! :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Tamara Nicole said...

You two are so stinkin cute!!! So happy for you:-)

http://simplybytamaranicole.blogspot.com

Erin said...

You two are absolutely adorable!! :)

dezzy louise ♥ said...

adorable<3 By the way, I tagged you -- http://dezzysblogerificblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/11-odds-11-answers-11-questions.html

" "