The Bridal Shower




Saturday was my bridal shower and I have to say that it was amazing! I was so blessed beyond anything I could imagine by these ladies. I have a wonderful family that really showed me love on that day.Here are a few pictures of the day....

Here I am getting ready for the par-tay. If you have never tried hot curlers you are missing out. I got some for Christmas and they are the best thing ever.
These were the super cute center pieces that the girls put together. Michelle literally picked these "flowers" from the side of the road. That girl is thrifty!
They had Mason jars that were dipped in sugar for drinking glasses. Just like at Lucille's :)
A chocolate bar!!! They also had pies but I didn't get a picture of that.
One of my maids of honor Michelle :) (yup I have 2).
Yes, they are praying under an underwear line. Instead of a choni tree they decided on a clothes line. They asked everyone to bring a pair and they just hung them up, even RJ got some.
Here I am opening my gifts. Is it just me or is there something completly awkward about opening gifts in front of people. Haha!
This was my favorite gift, they asked everyone to bring a piece of fabric so they can make a quilt out of it :)
Mayra captured this when I was thanking Michelle, and even though I look like a hot mess I like it.
The Bridesmaids all wore white tops, jeans, and their cowboy boots. Don't they look adorable?!

I thank God so much for these girls and the blessing that they are in my life. They are truly a manifestation of God's grace.

Leave a Comment

Maggie said...

Aw this post makes me happy :) Love the underware too...perfect decorations!

And you are so not alone with feeling awkward opening presents in front of people. You have to be so aware of your expressions/reactions! It's hard work!

Spanish Pinay said...

I got emotional on this! What a very, very nice bridal shower! All bridal showers should be like this and nothing of those wild ones :-)

I cab't wait to hear your story about the wedding itself!!

Jayme and Mendi said...

Aw looks like your special day was so much fun! this brings back memories for me too! So glad you found our blog. We are now following you and would love for you to visit again and follow if you haven't...that way we can stay in touch!
Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings
BTW- love the cowboy boots!

Erin said...

Aw what a very special day! :) The party looked so fun and I love the mason jars dipped in sugar!

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

How fun!! I was totally awkward at my shower and I still hate opening gifts with people watching me - although I do like getting presents. It's quite a conundrum, really :)

Kodi said...

Your centerpieces are A-Dor-Able! (I don't think I split that word up right..lol)

And the underwear line is great! So original!


Looks like you had a wonderful shower, can't wait til the wedding:)

Mrs. Vale said...

what a cute shower! I'm throwing my future sister in law a shower in a few weeks - I love the mason jars with the sugar - I may have to do that!

Mary Nevin said...

how beautiful!! this looks like such a special day!!

april@gingerbread said...

Thank you for the sweet comment....the flea market is the second sunday of every month...and its heaven!!! xoxo

Kendall said...

How fun!! I love mason jars as well as the way your girls dressed up!!

Annie said...

These are such cute pics! Love those little centerpieces - and you look so pretty :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

JeNeal said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Your blog is super adorable and the "choni" line .. haha love it!!
Looks like you had a fun time!!! Sounds exciting!!

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

a chocolate bar is definitely a necessity. such a great bridal shower! love all the curls shot!
xo TJ

Nichole said...

This is the cutest thing ever! i love their boots!

L. Myers said...

Congrats on the engagment! Those bottles are really cute for the tables. But what's up with the panties?

L said...

aww how sweet =) Yes totally awkward opening gifts in front of people =)
Just found your blog.
Congratulations on your engagement!
Much Love,
L

(allglorious-within.blogspot.com)

Recently Roached said...

I felt super awkward about opening gifts in front of people too! I felt like I had to say something witty about each thing. "Oh this pan is so...flat?" Ha ha. Looks like a blast!

Cori Janae said...

How fun! What an exciting and special time. Love the pictures :) Thank you for commenting on my blog!

lori said...

awww so fun. i love your outfit! you look great!

Mayra Romero said...

I had so much fun! I'm so glad I got to be part of it.

Mrs. Ham said...

thanks for stopping by! i like your blog aswell! that picture of you in your "hot mess" is so great. i love emotion in photos! so great to have wonderful friends! congrats!

tanandmeg.blogspot.com

Laura Watts, RD said...

There are so many fun ideas here but I've got to say...my favorite part is that all the girls are wearing their boots. ;)

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

What an adorable shower you had! You must be loved :) Cute blog, btw!

Liesl said...

What a great baby shower with fun, unique details! Love all the boots too! :)

Amy said...

It looked like you had a great time at your shower! I love the underwear line idea too. I'm going to my first ever bachelorette weekend with my future sister-in-law net month, I can't wait to experience all the girly goodness!!

" "