DIY Envelopes




 Friday!!!
So, some of you wanted to know how I made my wedding envelopes seen here. Today I'm going to show you how to make an envelope in any size. What I like about making my own envelope is that I can make it with any kind of paper, it adds a personal touch.

This is what you will need: Paper for envelope, what is going into the envelope, scissors, glue, and a pencil.

You put the invitation (or whatever) in the middle.

Make sure the paper is big enough to cover the invitation with extra on the top (for the closing).

You're going to fold the top over, this will be the closing (what you normally lick on an envelope).


Once you made those folding you figure out how much you're going to cut off. You want to leave 1 inch of space on each side and cut the rest.

Once you cut the extra off you know how big each piece will be for the invitations (so you don't have to do any more measuring). Then you fold the sides in.
Now you should have several folding in your paper. The shaded folding are what you cut off.
It should look like this.
You fold the top over like so. 


You glue the sides in.

Ta-da! That's the end result!

You can do that for any size envelope you just follow the same pattern and eye ball it :) I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Leave a Comment

Bri said...

I never hate to buy envelopes again! Thank you :) Can't wait to try this. I like that you can do it with any paper.

LINDA said...

Amazing post dear!! ♥
xoxo

Linda from www.moonon.com

Spanish Pinay said...

I do this too but you have a nicer system :-D

Spanish Pinay

wHiT said...

Cute paper. Love it!
-wHiT

Erin said...

you are so creative :) love that!

Anna @ IHOD said...

DIY envelopes offer endless creative possibilities!
Love this idea:)
Happy weekend Daisy!

Blackheart Betty said...

That is pretty cool! I feel a bit inspired. In a few months, I will have two birthday parties to plan. I may use this idea.

" "