1 week and counting




{Via}

Happy Monday Everyone! I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I was really blessed this weekend by my Bridesmaids :)

So some of you would like to know if we got the house and I am 90% sure that we did. We are not buying a house just so you know we are renting it. We talked to the owners and they gave us a verbal yes but now we have to figure out the details. So yay? I'm not sure how to feel, since there is really no security in someone’s word. I guess we'll find out... otherwise we'll pitch a tent outside my mom’s house. Haha.

Something else I have been hearing a lot from co-workers and in emails is that I seem rather calm for getting married in a week. Although I'm not completely care free I understand that I appear calmer than people would expect me to be. I can only attribute my calmness to God. Although I do worry about things like, if It's going to rain, the details that are left, and where were going to live. I also constantly have to remind myself that God is control of all of it.

I found that picture on Pinterest and it is a combination of different verses but all of them true. God set me apart for Himself, he knows me, He cares for me, and He listens to me. There is nothing that happens to me that is outside of His control. This wedding is no different from that, God is sovereign over the "little" things too. RJs dad was reminding me of that yesterday. What helps the most is remembering that in the picture of eternity whether or not it rained on our wedding day will not matter. If I keep my focus on Him all the other stuff will fade away. I know God's truth and that it says God works things out for our good. So i know that we will be okay even if it’s not what I think it will be. It will be better :)

P.S. 5 DAYS!! The countdown begins....

Leave a Comment

Jes said...

you DO seem rather calm for getting married in a week!
at least on this blog, you do to me!
congratulations on such an exciting time!!!
xx jes

www.twosmuppies.com

Karla said...

Have I ever told you how much I love and admire your faith? If not I trully do! I loved that picture.. amazing how God promises to listen! 5 days?! How exciting.. ill pray for no rain.. maybe ill do a rain dance?! jk

stephanie said...

5 days!!! so excited for you. and i love that verse! one of my all time favs.

Valerie Griffin said...

yayyy!

Sarah said...

Love the verse ... such a joy to be drenched in God's word.

Delighted to stumble over here today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip my toes in goodness.

Splashin,
Sarah

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/

Ruthie Hart said...

this will be SUCH an amazing week for you Daisy, I am so thrilled to get to watch you beforehand and then see beautiful pictures after! Crazy/funny/awful/terrible story...I got laid off 2 weeks before my wedding and then the week of (Wed, Thurs) there was a HUGE snowstorm across the US and Texas shut down all major airports yet I was SO calm and collected. Nothing will get in the way of you marrying the man of your dreams. And I am going to a wedding on Saturday I will be thinking of you!

Jeannie said...

5 days! so exciting! i remember that feeling!!!! savor it. really. it goes by so quickly!

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

what a great pinterest picture!
and yay for 5 days! so very close!!!
xo TJ

Alyssa said...

Jeremiah is one of my favorite books purely because of that verse and Jer. 29:11!

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you, Daisy!! I hope you two get the house and I'm so excited that your wedding is so close. Definitely can't wait to see pictures! I'm sure you'll be beautiful :) You're almost a MRS!! Being married is the best.
Enjoy your last week as a Miss and soak up the rest of your planning... it'll go by so quickly!

Bon Bon said...

so so sooooo exciting! the adventure begins! xoxo

Brandi Yee said...

Wow, only 1 week away! And congrats on possibly getting the house :)

" "