DIY Chalkboard Frame




Happy Tuesday Everyone! I'm sorry I have been a little MIA lately but I promise I am reading your comments. These next two weeks are going to be super crazy for me, so bare with me.

In the mean time here is a wedding DIY for you. How to make your own framed chalkboard. So normally these things are like $50. But since were making it, it's a lot cheaper.

Frame= $5 (at yard sale)
Chalkboard Spray paint= $4 (at Walmart)
Tape= Free (I had it)





Ta-da! There you have it :) It also took like 10 min to do the whole thing. I'm looking for chalk pens to write on it. I will use this for the menu or a quote at the Wedding. Maybe I will make another one with a different frame.

To see the inspiration go here.

Leave a Comment

Jes said...

we just did these for the bottoms of a couple wine glasses so that guests could write their names on them! love everything chalkboard!
xx jes

Ruthie Hart said...

whaaaaaaaaa there is chalkboard spray paint!!!!!! I can't wait to go buy some! I bought an old silver platter at goodwill for $1 and have been wanting to chalkbaord it up! thanks babe!

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

Cute! I did the same thing with mine! Yard sales and goodwill are the best places to get old frames! Grea job girl !

Becky Borgman said...

Umm, wow...so cute and that would look adorable in my kitchen!

Karla said...

I love these, I did a big one for my Menu as well! I found the chalk pen at staples!

Emily w/Amazing Grapes said...

I can't believe you painted over that beautiful picture!! - kidding.

Great job and way to be resourceful! It looks great
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Laura Hernandez said...

This is an AWESOME idea. A craft I'm totally doing this weekend! Thank you!! ^_^

myrockingcradle.com said...

i was surprised about the chalkboard spray paint, too. nice one!

Sarah Kate said...

This looks amazing, Daisy!!! Good job!!!! You'll be able to use it at the wedding, but you can also use it in your house later, too!

Jayme and Mendi said...

This looks way too easy!! That means that even I could do it!! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Allyson said...

That is seriously so adorable!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Rolled Up Pretty said...

What a cute idea, I LOVE this! I might have to copy this for the babe's room when he comes!

Spanish Pinay said...

I just wish those simple materials are easy to find where we live! I don't see yard sales here huhuhu... I think people don't know what's a yard sale or garage sale... or no one is just interested. snooties!

haha did I have to whine here?

anyways, that chalk board is really nice. I will remember this IF I find some nice frame from a cheap sale!

Spanish Pinay

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

Great idea - super fun and cheap too :)

Nichole said...

TEN DAYS! Ah I am beyond excited for you! Could that chalk board be any cuter????? Can not wait for the wedding you will have to do one of my Wednesday Weddings!!

ginanorma said...

This is the absolute coolest idea EVER. Why didn't I think of that?!LOL
Great idea to use it as a part of your Wedding too, and no worries, we alllll understand, you have a lot going on! Take your time!

Art By ASM said...

I love it! Thank you for the idea! A classy way to have a chalkboard in the house! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am happy that I found yours and I am following it. I hope you can follow mine and thank you for commenting on the "Ode To Mothers" Blog I wrote. Enjoy your life before kids and then when things slow down choose to have children if that is your path. My friend waited 10 years after being married to have children with her husband. They had their time together and now they are happy parents. She had the same thoughts as you! God Bless! Thank You again for coming by!

Warmest Regards,
Annamaria

Patty said...

LOVE this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Patty said...

LOVE this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Patty said...

LOVE this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

" "