It's raining today




Rainy days are the best! We don't get a lot of them in California so when they're here I get really excited. Right now I am particularly  liking them for two reasons...

1. It's great for my plants. Rain water is the best kind of water for plants so I try to save some to water them later. They are getting so big (compared to seeds). Look....
Ignore the dead plant in the background.
Those mason jars are on my window facing south. I wasn't sure if they were going to grow because of the sunlight but they actually grew pretty fast. So far I have onions, cilantro, and thyme on my window. I have Eggplant, cucumber, squash, bell peppers, and my tomato just sprouted outside.

2. I can wear rain boots! Aren't they cute?
{via}


P.S. I started my furniture project on Saturday. Success! My father-in-law is a great teacher. Next week I will bring you pictures of my progress, right now I just have a pile of wood.

Leave a Comment

Ruthie Hart said...

any tips for a newbie gardener?! I want to plant some basil and cilantro!

Amanda said...

Great way for plants! I love that! And super cute rain boots! :) happy Monday to you!
Xoxo

Allyson Butler said...

I love rainy days - those boots are so adorable!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

It hasn't started raining in my part of L.A. yet... it's just gloomy.

Do you own Wellies? If so, I am so jealous!

I want to grow some plants too, but I'm not sure how to do it in an apartment with cats.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love that color in the hunter boots! I will have to look them up! So cool that you van grow eggplant! It's a rainy day here in NYC today!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Loving everything in this post :) and your blog.. and yes, I would die for some coral hunter rain boots please!

lucia m said...

i want those boots!!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Spanish Pinay said...

so you have a green thumb.. .I'm jealous! :) I can't wait to see the furniture projects :)

Spanish Pinay

Jayme and Mendi said...

Can't wait to see your furniture DIY!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Sarah Kate said...

Look at your little baby plants! You are such a good plant mommy! :o) I hope they grow big and beautiful for you!

Super cute boots, too! I want some in bright red!

" "