A late wedding gift




We received this on Saturday night and I was so moved by the gesture of love this represented. Two very dear women in the church have been putting it together this entire time. During my bridal shower the ladies were asked to bring a pattern which would later go on this blanket.

This is probably my favorite gift because it represents so much. It represents what it truly means to be a church family. I'm not sure who made what pattern but I know that these women love me and look out for me. I am truly blessed by the ladies of our church. I feel like I have 10 moms and 20 sisters. I often wonder if people know what It's like to experience this kind of love. I feel so loved by these ladies that I can only praise God because I know that's what hold us together. What else would make 30 women from different age groups, social classes, backgrounds, and interest love each other so much.

 I don't ever feel like It's a burden going to church or to a group prayer meeting. I get so excited because I'm going to see my family. These are the same people that I will be praising God in heaven with one day. My best friends are people in the church who love God just as much as I do.

I hope to one day give this to one of my kids if God blesses us with some, and I hope that they feel the same way about their church family.

Leave a Comment

Rochelle said...

love it daisy :)

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

It's lovely - what a wonderful gift!!

Melissa said...

That is beautiful! What a special gift!

Amanda said...

I love this blanket! They did such a great job :) what a thoughtful gift!!! Have a blessed day! Xo

Pamela said...

What a wonderful gift! Love it!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I love homemade gifts the best in the whole wide world. I love gifts you cherish and I love that there are people in this world that still take the time to do it!

Karla said...

I’m actually just a tad-bit jealous! Seriously how precious is this. I have always said that the best presents are the ones that are thought out and heartfelt!
And this my friend is a jewel! I met my best friends in church at the age of 6 we have been best friends ever since.. and I really think the love of God is what keeps friendships like that together!

Nancy said...

If different ladies each made a square to go in the finished quilt, I think this is called a friendship quilt.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Jennifer Blair said...

Aw, what a special present!!! So sweet!

" "