The joys of gardening










I love gardening because just like everything else it points me towards God. Besides the fact that God is creator of all things, thus anything I plant. It also reminds me of some very simple truths.

 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.  The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 1 Corinthians 3:6-8

 I'm always reminded that I can water my plant, prune it, feed it, but ultimately God will cause it to grow. And the same in life, I can minister, share the gospel, and live my life as an example but God is the one who changes hearts.

 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26

Maybe It's because I try so hard to keep birds and other animals from eating my food that I'm always reminded of this verse. One of the reasons I love gardening so much is because I'm truly amazed by it. Although I love buying plants at Home Depot, truly nothing compares to planting a seed. To watch a plant grow from something so small into something that yields fruit is amazing. It shows me the power of God in the intricacy of His creation. He truly is creator, sustainer, and provider. I struggle so much with trust and worry, but when I garden I am reminded that God loves me more than these animals that He takes care of everyday.

It also helps me love the birds a little more ;) 

Leave a Comment

joy said...

Inspirational post:)

Becca Acker said...

Nice reminders. :) Btw, so cool that you are growing fruit trees!

Danie at Pasadya said...

What an amazing way to think of growth. I'm going to be thinking that now with my own little garden! :)

Karla said...

I love the Matthew 6:26 Bible verse, it brings me up when I am down. Sometimes when im low and feeling sorry for myslef I love reading that verse because it reminds me that I.AM.NOT.ALONE!
Gosh I wish I had the patience to garden.. granted I have no garden..hmm maybe this is something I will develop once I have a home.

Anonymous said...

Love this and i love your pictures Daisy. It makes me want to garden :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

We have a garden with tomatoes, squash, and peppers and I have touched a single thing on it because my huz won't let me.I kill anything green. Tragic.

Liz Brown said...

I never liked gardening much until this year. I thought I didn't have a 'green thumb'. I still don't think I do, but I found its different when your growing things were your idea and your project, as opposed to someone else's. :)

I liked the scripture reminders at the beginning! Thank you.

Amanda said...

I love the new little details of the blog :) and your gardening is great!! Hopefully I can do this one year! Have a wonderful day, lovely! XO

ginanorma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ginanorma said...

Oh and I love your example of Truth you tied in, so so love that. That's one of my favorite verses, especially when I get down on myself like I'm not doing enough for the Kingdom, ...I remember that I plant seeds, someone else might water them, and God grows and changes them!

Thanks for this, ....

Heather said...

I'm so envious of your gardening skills! Great post. It's my dream to have a garden (a successful one...) someday, so this is great inspiration.

Michelle said...

Gosh, this is beautiful! Absolutely love it :) And so jealous you can grown lemons and avocados out there!

" "