A late Father's day post




I grew up without a father for most of my life. My dad died when I was about 8 years old. At times it was really difficult not having a dad but when I came to Christ I realized that I have a perfect Father in God. 

Richard has been someone that God has put in my life to show me just how much God loves me. I distinctly remember times where I would pray to God about how much I missed my dad and Richard would say something to me that would let me know that God is listening.  It's amazing to me how much you can consider someone that you haven't known for that long such an important part of your life. Richard has been there for a lot of big moments in my life, he even walked me down the aisle. 

But the times that I have cherished the most have been the conversations we've had, the basket ball games we've watched, and the lessons I have learned from him. He is truly a great man of God. I have learned from him to examine my heart and my motives. To not be satisfied with people thinking you're a good Christian, and to always look for opportunities to serve.

But the way that I know that Richard is truly an exceptional man is because I married his son. R.J. has been an incredible husband and I know a lot of it has to do with what his dad taught him. There have been countless times where R.J. will say to me, "well my dad says". Richard has raised R.J. to be a man who loves his wife, who loves people, who has an incredible work ethic, who is giving of himself. These things are true of Ricard as well. But the greatest thing that he has passed down to his son, is his faith in Christ.

Both Richard and Bea are such exceptional people because of the God they serve. I hope to one day be just like them in the same way that they are like Christ.

I just want to say Happy Fathers Day to a man who is loved by all, admired by many, and cherished by us.


Happy Father's Day!

Leave a Comment

Ruthie Hart said...

we DO have the perfect Father in God! What a great example for father's everywhere. I wish I could have met Jon's dad before he died, it sounds like Richard is such a wonderful influence on you and RJ's lives :-)

christina said...

I love this. This hits close to home..I too have an amazing father in law/// lovely post!

Karla said...

Aww Daisy Im sorry that you lost your dad at such a young age.. I have seen first hand that toll it takes .. my husband lost his dad at a very young age as well. But I admire your love in a God that is like you said a perfect father! No wonder you are such a strong woman!

No(dot dot)el said...

I love how you say you have the perfect Father in God. He is the Father to the Fatherless. So happy for you that you had someone else to be a good example of an earthly father as well. Good Fathers are hard to find and should be cherished. What a beautiful tribute you have given to him.

Becca Acker said...

How wonderful that you have a father-in-law like that! :)

Michelle said...

What a great post!

Brooke said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post. Isn't it nice to know we have parents in heaven, too? And thanks for the comment you left on my blog - I'm your newest follower! Let's be blog friends?

Brooke

liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

This is so awesome Daisy. I know what this is like as well. I had a bonus dad and he was amazing. And that profile pic of you is so beautiful. I have been meaning to tell you and i just now remembered.

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

Oh my goodness that is the sweetest post ever! I am so happy that you have connected so well with your father in-law. That is very rare! But it sure does help when you both have to Christ in common : )

Tatiana said...

This is such a sweet post. I'm so glad you have someone to play that father figure in your life. Especially one that has such a great relationship with God.

his little lady said...

what a perfect post. a very happy father's day to him!!
xo TJ

Jayme and Mendi said...

Aw, he and Bea sound like such amazing people! So glad they are your family too!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

" "