4 Months today!




Sorry for taking so long to respond to some of your emails. I felt really sick yesterday, not a cold kind of sick. It was more like a nausea/ headache kind of sick. So I took the day off, slept, and watched Monk. Now I feel so much better, it was the weirdest thing. So since I took the day off I have no planned brilliant post for today. But my husband reminded me this morning that It's our 4 monthaversary! Yes, we celebrate every month because we're ridiculous like that.  Here are some of the things I have learned in 4 months.

  • He drinks a lot of milk, a lot!
  • He has an incredible work ethic.
  • Praying with your husband is one of the most amazing things you can do.
  • The best thing I have made to this day is a bean and cheese burrito and Ice cream sandwiches.
  • He is very honest.
  • I keep loving him more everyday ( didn't know it was possible).
  • Everything he eats I want a bite of. 
  • No matter how hot a man says he is he will steal your blankets in the middle of the night.
  • No matter how much I try to fight it, I'm a sinner even in my sleep. My husband says I'm mean when I'm sleeping. Allegedly. 
  • For some odd reason when your husband gives you all the closet space it is like the biggest gesture of love.
  • I can find the cure for cancer but if I didn't do laundry I didn't get anything done that day. 
  • I can't imagine my life without him.
  • Waiting for someone as wonderful as him was worth it. 
  • God is unfathomably gracious to us.

 Up to this point the word I have used to describe how marriage has been is fun. Now the only thing that seems fitting is "better than I imagined". Marriage is hard and a lot of work, but man is it great. I don't claim that we never fight or that things don't get hard. With any marriage there are hard times and good times. Right now we're in a season in life that is incredibly joyous. Situations aren't perfect and neither are people, but God is. When I try to find my joy from an un-perfect man like R.J. then I am always disappointed, but when I find my joy in Christ my soul is satisfied. I can better love R.J. when I am fully satisfied in Christ and same with him. That is one of the things that God is always teaching me.

Leave a Comment

Sierra Penrod said...

I love this and totally agree with everything you just said. But I hate it when people just "agree with everything I said" so I will tell you that specifically, your comment about the laundry was particularly resonant.

courtney said...

aww this is so beautiful... marriage to a godly man is one of the best blessings!! keep enjoying each day together :)

The Management said...

Such a great post :)

Also, pretty sure that Monk is the cure for everything.

Oh hello, Love said...

In my house, it's the dishes. If I haven't done the dishes, I haven't done anything. Does not matter that I made an entirely new website for the non-profit I work for. The dishes weren't done. Argh.

Speaking of which, better go do those dishes. :) (When I do them, I do it because it makes him feel better about life. And then he knows I do love him.)

Rachel said...

This is so good! You've learned some great things...I love praying with my husband too!

nicole said...

aw happy four months!

Bev D said...

HAPPY 4 Months! :)
Hope that you continue growing and enjoying the married life :)Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Lisamarie said...

Aahhh... you sound so sweet and cute at 4 months!

Lindsay said...

Happy 4 months! Gorgeous picture!

Jill said...

Happy 4 months!!! Your words are all so true. We just celebrated 8 years, and both agree that it just keeps getting better and better! What a beautiful picture of the 2 of you!!!!

dreaming en francais said...

What a sweet photo and post -- that's the great thing about relationships, it seems you are always learning new and wonderful things about each other! Oh and I ALWAYS have to have a bite out of whatever the boyfriend is eating too. What's up with that?

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

Jayme and Mendi said...

Congrats on your 4 month anniversary! I think it's so sweet that your hubz was the one to remind you. Bonus points for him. ;)

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Meg {henninglove} said...

happy 4 months of wedded bliss!! it is funny the things you learn more about your husband after you get married, the more day to day things. continue enjoying your husband and your life together!!

Heather said...

Wow, it's so inspiring to hear that marriage gets better and better as it goes on! Congratulations, you guys look wonderful together :)

Allison said...

Happy 4 months. I love hearing about joyful marriages because I feel the same way!

Karla said...

Oh you are too cute! Lol I love all these! You're right every month .. everyday is a learning experience .. I just found out that my husband hates "licking" ice cream.. the boy bites it?! The heck?! I love that you guys celebrate every month.. The hubby and I just text .. lol seriously how fast does time pass.. already 4 months wow.. way to go :)

ginanorma said...

YOU my love are a wonderful wife!! Look at that picture JUST GORGEOUS, IA M SPEECHLESS! When do we get to see more?

Kristin said...

What a beautiful post Daisy! I had to laugh when you said that no matter how hot they say they are, they always steal the covers. This is a regular occurrence at our house! :-) You are right...marriage is SUCH a gift! Hope your week is off to a great start!

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

Happy Anniversary :) Love this sweet post!!

Tamaras Blend said...

I like to celebrate A LOT too! ;) Congratulations you guys!

http://www.tamarasblend.com/

his little lady said...

hope you continue to feel better! and a very happy four monthaversary!!! :)
xo TJ

thompson said...

i love your list! i can relate to so many of those. husbands are a great thing!
xoxo

tini-tani said...

Hello! Great blog! The last post is very interesting and beautiful! Let's follow each other, if you agree, then let me know!)))

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Feel better Daisy. I think alot of us are in the same boat. I didn't feel good either so no post. I am just now getting the emails.

Skylar Magazine said...

Congratulations! I think it's cool that you still have monthly anniversarys. What a beautiful couple too!

Sarah
http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

Sarah Kate said...

Has it really already been four months since you got married? Time is FLYING!!!

Isn't it wonderful to be married to a man who doesn't mind giving you the closet in the master bedroom? Cory has done that for me in every house we've lived in, too!

Emily grapes said...

whoa, that was beyond perfectly said!! I love every word about being fully satisfied in Christ being the way to love your husband the best.

This was such a great post!!
Emily at Amazing Grapes

koko mo said...

LOVE this post!!! first of all, that picture is adorable, your two are precious!! and i love that God is at the center of your relationship, it's so encouraging!! :) blessing to you both!! :)

" "