My Birthday




My birthday was pretty backwards but completely fun. I don't prefer cake so instead we had brownies and cheesecake. Instead of singing the completely awkward birthday song my father in law had the idea of everyone signing their own favorite song. I almost wish I had recorded it because it was hilarious. Pretty sure I heard someone sing Oh Canada. I also got some pretty awesome presents like the vintage camera :) And pretty much everyone I know got me chocolate (so I will be in a diabetic coma soon). Of course per my request we played reversed charades!! If you have not played this, you have not lived (not really). This game gets me rolling every time. Instead of one person going up and everyone guessing, everyone goes up and one person guesses. I know! Fun!

It was full of food, games, laughs, and love. My favorite part of the night was when they prayed for us. Since RJ left (and even before that) people have been really loving and supportive. It's hard now that he's not here but I'm grateful for our family. All-in-all, best. birthday. ever.

And I know you're wondering..... no puppy... but maybe a fish. Haha

Leave a Comment

Behold the Metatron said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I feel like everyone was born in July!

haha

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

simplyvonne said...

looks like you had a great birthday!!

Becca Acker said...

Sounds like it was a totally fun Birthday! The Birthday song and charade mentions made me smile just thinking about them! Yeah, I never heard of reversed charades until right now. ;)

Becca Acker said...

And Happy Belated Birthday!!!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

a little sad about the 'no puppy' :), but pretty dang excited about brownies and cheesecake. I would totally go for that.

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

and I should have said Happy {late} Birthday to you!!

Sadie Crookston said...

I love all of this, and I am definitely googling reversed charades. The favorite song idea is perfect, sitting there when people sing to you is always so awkward! Glad you had a good birthday :)

Jayme and Mendi said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!! Happy belated!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

thompson said...

happy birthday!! i've never heard of reverse charades. sounds awesome though!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Brownies and cheesecake sound like my kind of party :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Who doesn't love a beautiful girl in a party hat.

Elle said...

sounds like an awesome birthday. i still think you need a puppy though. everyone needs a puppy.

Sarah Kate said...

Happy birthday sweetie! It looked like a fun one. You've got a great group of friends and family! LOVE the vintage camera, too!

I have never heard of that version of charades! It sounds hilarious!

Kylee said...

happy birthday! Man looks like quite the party and lots of yummy food! :)

his little lady said...

the praying pictures are just precious and touching.
and the whole event just looks like so much fun!
happy birthday!
xo TJ

Liz Brown said...

I'm going to suggest the song idea next birthday. That sounds hilarious. :) And how awesome that you have so many praying friends/family!

christina said...

Happy be-lated birthday pretty friend!! I. Have never played reversed sharades!? Fun! Ps I could eat an entire thing of brownies .... Yum!!!

christina said...

Happy be-lated birthday pretty friend!! I. Have never played reversed sharades!? Fun! Ps I could eat an entire thing of brownies .... Yum!!!

Amanda said...

That cheesecake looks delicious! Happy belated Birthday, sweet girl!

ginanorma said...

Now I see, you got it for your Birthday, awesome!!! What a neat gift, and I love love that last picture aww...

so you don't prefer cake huh?!

Becky [Apples of Gold] said...

Sounds like an amazing time! I can only imagine how funny it would be to hear everyone singing their own fave song...and reverse charades?? LOVE IT! Happy belated birthday, girl!! Love the prayer circle photos...prayer is one of the best gifts to mankind!

sophistifunk said...

happy belated birthday! it looks like you had such a fun party :) and that cheesecake looks to die for

p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

koko mo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! i love that first picture!!

Spanish Pinay said...

oooh I missed this. Belated happy birthday!!! Glad you had a very nice celebration :) My favorite photo is where you are sitting in the table cutting the cheesake (?) you look like a pretty little girl! :)

Spanish Pinay

" "