My faith {The Gospel}




I have never shared the Gospel with you on this blog. I have shared things like what God is doing in my life or what He is teaching me. I recently received a few emails asking questions about my faith and what I believe. I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you a little about what the bible says on salvation. One of the simplest ways to explain  is something called the Romans Road, meaning all the verses are found in the book of Romans.

Romans 3:23  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
 We have all sinned. The bible says that not one is righteous, no one is without sin.

  Romans 6:23a  "...The wages of sin is death..." 
We will all die one day physically. What is even worse is that some people will die spiritually. The bible says that those who reject Christ and live apart from Him are spiritually dead. The bible teaches that those who reject Christ will ultimately end up in hell.

Romans 6:23b  "...But the gift of God is eternal
life through Jesus Christ our Lord." 
Salvation is a gift from God there is absolutely nothing you can do to earn it. 

Romans 5:8,  "God demonstrates His own love for us, in
that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"
Christ paid my penalty, he took my place on the cross. He died on the cross so that we might be reconciled to God. Now God sees Christ perfect life and puts it on me. I am forgiven. I am made new.

Romans 10:13  "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord  will be saved!" 

Romans 10:9,10  "...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting  in salvation."

God knows our heart. Salvation is not a magic trick or an exact prayer. Salvation is available for anyone who will trust Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Romans 5:1 "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." 

 Because of Jesus finished work on the cross we can have a relationship with God. In the same way we will never be condemned for our sins.

There is no greater gift than the gift of salvation. Experiencing the grace of God in my life is something that I could never put into words. I leave you with my favorite bible verse...
 1 Timothy 1:16
But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

If you have any questions please email me at: sodaisygirl@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

Liz Brown said...

Way to be bold. :) Don't stop!

Sarah said...

Great verse choices! Thank you for sharing.

Allyson Butler said...

I love the Roman Road - thanks for sharing!

Maggie said...

Amen and amen!

God's word is so much better than our words :)

Thankful for your faith and willingness to share it! I believe God can truly bless people through blogs.

Bev D said...

Well put. Nothing like the Word of God. It really cuts right through your soul....Oh, how He loves us. :)
Thankful for that. :)

Bev D said...

Well put. Nothing like the Word of God. It really cuts right through your soul....Oh, how He loves us. :)
Thankful for that. :)

Jeannie said...

thank god for his wonderful grace and mercy so that we might live. thank you for sharing the gospel for so many to see. what a great witnessing tool!

" "