Seeking God





Good morning, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Lately I have been thinking a lot about life, why things happen a certain way. I often wonder why people (including myself) act the way they do.

If you think back at your life did you picture yourself here a year ago? I certainly didn’t. My husband is beginning a new job that might include long trips away. It’s a scary thought that I might not see him at times for months. But it also makes me realize something; God is able to completely turn your life around in a way you never expected. I’m not sure what this new job will bring but I am sure that God is working in our marriage. There are times where I am tempted to be afraid and not trust God, but then I am reminded of all the other times he has worked in unexpected ways.

I think to the time before I knew Christ. I like to look back and see how God was working to bring me to the knowledge of Him. Then I think about how I met my husband. This brings me to other stories of how my friends met their husbands. It all points me back to how God is ALWAYS working in the lives of believers.

There are times where we question why God hasn’t brought us the things that we desire (more money, a husband, a house, a job, or a child). We often think that the absence of these things must mean the absence of God in our lives. In a lot of cases we attempt to take thing into our own hands. “I can find my own husband” is often the thought that we don’t verbalize but live out.

I have been on both sides of the fence, I have often tried to take things into my own hands and I have given things up to God. And I can promise you that it is always better when I’m not in control. It is so much better for us when we seek God (Job 5:8-9).

Ask yourself these simple questions when something is pressing on your heart.      

Have I given it to God?
Am I praying about it?
Have I asked others to pray about it?

I can’t express to you or myself the power of prayer.  How silly of us to forget that God is in control of everything and that He has all the resources in the world. We just need to seek Him.  
 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. –Matthew 6:33

Leave a Comment

Lindsay said...

What a great post! I know I have trouble remembering that God is in control most of the time.

Britt said...

What a wonderful post and your words are so true! I really needed to read this! Your words are so inspiring!! Thank you!!

Danie at Pasadya said...

I agree. I ALWAYS worry about the earthly things, but they don't sum up the big picture. Thank you for this!

Ruthie Hart said...

Girl I am so proud of you! Giving it all to the hands of the Lord, who knows us better than we do ourselves. I am sorry to hear about RJ's travel but sounds like this job could be exciting and adventerous!

Jeannie said...

Such a beautiful and TRUE post. I completely agree that things we give up to God will be dealt with in the best way. He knows our every need...and NEVER gives us more than we can handle. Sometimes we don't even realize how strong we are until God gives us something tough and we come through it. He can work miracles in our lives...if we only let Him.

Emily grapes said...

What a great post for this Monday morning!!! Everything you touched on is so true. I pray, "give things to God" (only to take them back and repeat..) but I don't ask others to pray for me. I feel like I need to keep it to myself cause I don't want others to know so I feel like doing it alone (or with God alone I guess).

But all that to say, thank you for this post. I didn't think I'd be where I am today a year ago and though it can get a little depressing sometimes (read: over the weekend) I know and remind myself God knows just what He's doing and that's all that should matter to me. I trust in Him even though I don't get any of it!
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Allyson Butler said...

Thanks so much for this post! I really needed it today!

tia said...

returning the favor and stopping by to say hello! I'm your newest follower <3 I do hope you'll come back and do the same!


tia @ two birds on a wire

Spanish Pinay said...

I'm always in situation like this that I fear anything about the future... some changes in our lives would happen and then all I know is worries and fears and it is so easy to forget that God has always been in control of my life. It is really easy to drown in our worries and the difficulty of the current situation but we must always look back and see the wonders God has created for us in our lives. Great post, Daisy!

Spanish Pinay

jennifer blair said...

Wow. I love this. The absence of "blessings" doesn't mean absence of God. Love that part because it's so true! God takes us through hard times as part of a blessing sometimes. Things are ALWAYS better when He is in control. Beautiful post friend!

Allison said...

I love this post so much that I had to comment twice on your blog in one day. :) I love the simple questions you wrote...such good advice. God sees the whole picture and we only see what's right in front of us and He has proven to be trustworthy!

Chantel said...

This is such a great reminder. Sometimes it can be too easy to forget about God. Thanks for this post. :)

thompson said...

this is such a great reminder. trusting in God's plan is so hard sometimes, but its even worse to not trust...great post, thanks!

Karla said...

I know far to well how fast it is for us to doubt the power of God.. I cant even begin to tell you how long I've been looking for a new job. There were times where I would really get depressed because I knew my job was something my husband and I needed but not something I enjoyed. Needless to say God always has something in store way better than I could have ever wanted or expected. I hope this job brings the both of you MANY blessings and opens doors to new adventures!

" "