back from vacation {+ 5 months of marriage}




i'm home and back in the swing of things. although our vacation was a ton of fun, it just wasn't the same without my husband. now i'm back to the reality that rj is still training. today marks 5 months of marriage for us and it just makes me all the sadder because normally we celebrate every month together. so all i can really say is that i miss him and i can't wait until he comes home, which i'm sure you're tired of hearing.  but in the spirit of tradition, here is what i have learned in 5 months of marriage....

  • it can be snowing outside and he still wants to sleep with the windows open
  • you can never have too much milk
  • you will never agree on an outfit choice 
  • he is the better driver
  • having a Christ centered marriage is key
  • i shouldn't take my husband for granted
  • God can change your situation in a second 
  • small things that bothered me before don't seem as important now
  • i don't want to be a complainer (even in subtle ways) 
and the most important thing i have learned in 5 months of marriage is that my husband is even more amazing than i thought.  yup, sorry ladies but you can stop looking because i have found prince charming.

oh and, singing in the car one direction songs is not the same alone (sigh). 

Leave a Comment

Amanda Wissmann said...

First of all, fabulous pic! LOVE the dress!

I adore this post! I love reading about others marriages and how God is working in your life! So sweet to see how you're living in his will and being blessed. May you both continue to grow and learn more daily about each other!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

christina said...

great post... yep never want to be a complainer...no body wants to do anything for a nagger ;) lol especially husbands! cute list...happy 5 months!!!

The Management said...

it's so true about the milk- I swear I'll buy a huge jug and then two days later we need milk again... I think my boyfriend showers in it, maybe.

courtney said...

marriage gets better and better doesn't it?! hope you two can be reunited soon! love your dress in your pic :D

Becca Acker said...

Cute pic! And I like how you record what you learn in marriage. :)

Joanna said...

aw sweet! I know what it's like to miss the one you love.

Melissa said...

I don't want to be a complainer either but it's a hard habit to break!

Amanda said...

You look beautiful in that picture.. Love the dress! Hmm, happy 5 months! Wanna do a marriage post with tips of keeping a healthy, Godcentered relationship && what that looks like? :)

Michelle said...

I'm drooling over your dress, girl!

Happy 5 months of marriage! It just keeps getting better and better :)

Rachel said...

I just went on vacation without my hubby...definitely not the same! Good lessons! Complaining can really steal the joy from life, I'd definitely recommend avoiding it!

Sienna said...

you look lovely in that pic and i hope you had an amazing vacation!!

Pam List said...

Happy big 5!

Enjoy the journey and keep your home fresh. My mom swears her marriage lasted this long because she changes something in the house at least twice a month. Even if its just a dish towel.

Pam

Pam List said...

Happy big 5!

Enjoy the journey and keep your home fresh. My mom swears her marriage lasted this long because she changes something in the house at least twice a month. Even if its just a dish towel.

Pam

Pam List said...

Happy big 5!

Enjoy the journey and keep your home fresh. My mom swears her marriage lasted this long because she changes something in the house at least twice a month. Even if its just a dish towel.

Pam

Pam List said...

Happy big 5!

Enjoy the journey and keep your home fresh. My mom swears her marriage lasted this long because she changes something in the house at least twice a month. Even if its just a dish towel.

Pam

Allison Taylor said...

Happy five months! I hope your man comes home soon. I love what you've learned in five months of marriage!

Jennifer Blair said...

You are so cute! I definitely concur on the milk one. My husband has such a sad face whenever he finds an empty jug! haha! My hubs is the better driver too! :)

his little lady said...

yay to five months of marriage. and my mister is the exact say way, he always has to sleep with the window open... and a box fan in the window! too funny!
xo TJ

Jeannie said...

Its crazy how two completely different people, who don't even know each other, can need the same thing at the same time. Your post has encouraged me....I also just got back from vacation, but my husband was actually there. And I still had things to complain about...like how much he went golfing... but I don't want to be a complainer either. I guess hearing someone else say it made it easier for me to realize my own faults as well. I definitely don't want to take him for granted...

ginanorma said...

yessss God can change your situation in a second, but what's interesting is that He can also take YEARS to change your situation;)

Love that pic of you!

Jayme and Mendi said...

Such a pretty picture!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Mariel Torres said...

what a lovely picture! wish i could transport myself to a place like that right now

Spanish Pinay said...

fab dress, Daisy!

all these I learned about marriage... minus the window thing LOL my hubby loves the heat and he gets easily cold. He doesn't seem to be a native of North Spain at all! LOL

Belated happy five monthsary!

Spanish Pinay

Spanish Pinay said...

fab dress, Daisy!

all these I learned about marriage... minus the window thing LOL my hubby loves the heat and he gets easily cold. He doesn't seem to be a native of North Spain at all! LOL

Belated happy five monthsary!

Spanish Pinay

Spanish Pinay said...

fab dress, Daisy!

all these I learned about marriage... minus the window thing LOL my hubby loves the heat and he gets easily cold. He doesn't seem to be a native of North Spain at all! LOL

Belated happy five monthsary!

Spanish Pinay

Danie at Pasadya said...

Daisy, you're a doll! That's a perfect dress and a gorgeous backdrop! Happy 5 months!!

" "