I left my heart in San Antonio....




with this sweet and handsome guy. i'm back from san antonio and although i'm glad to be somewhere familiar i'm sad that my husband had to stay behind. he still has some time left for his training but i am so grateful that God allowed us the opportunity to see each other. i remember when he first opened the door to the hotel i was shocked! who is this hairy man?  i knew he had grown out quite the display of facial hair, it was just completely different to see him in person. but past the facial hair i saw a pair of familiar brown eyes. the same eyes that looked up at me when he got down on one knee, the ones i saw when i walked down the aisle, and the ones that i saw every night after that. those same eyes that i had not seen in over a month were once again staring down at me, i could not help but to feel the sudden urge to throw my arms around him. once we got the awkward five minute hug out of the way we talked about everything going on back home. he asked me how everyone was doing, he asked the different changes in our church, and he asked how people were. i was  again reminded of how much i missed him. i miss his heart for people, he is always so concerned about how people are doing even when he is a hundred miles away (and mayra if you're reading this, he asked about you especially).

 i didn't realize just how much i needed to see him. i left a little sad but mostly encouraged by him. he encouraged me to remember that God is taking care of me. he reminded me to read my bible and to seek God above all. i left determined to not sulk around these next few weeks hes gone, but to make the most out of this time God has given me. so instead of trying to distract myself to make the time go faster i hope to dedicate this time to really study, minister, and by God's grace grow more.

so if you got through all of that, thank you for your prayers and support. your prayers have sustained us through this time. and thank you for all the fun tourist suggestions, we did most of them!

Leave a Comment

Amanda said...

Yey! I'm so glad you got to see h.im & spend a few days with him. This whole post made me smile :) I love when couples are reunited! And SA! That's where my sister lives :) how crazy! Have a wonderful Monday, XO!

mayrae said...

Cried when I read. Thank you for sharing.

mayrae said...

Cried when I read. Thank you for sharing.

Meg {henninglove} said...

that is great He opened doors to allow you to see each other, you know how much you miss each other but don't realize it until you are back in each others arms!

Jenna Secrist said...

wow, what a blessing! i absolutely adore the relationship that you and your husband have. to be encouraged, spiritually, by each other is a gift.

thank you for sharing, daisy! xx

Joanna said...

What a sweet couple! so glad you got to see him :)

Spanish Pinay said...

Oh, I am so glad you got to see him :) You guys are a classic example of how couples are when they put God as the center of their relationship.

Spanish Pinay

Michelle said...

Awww how sweet. I am so glad you got to see him!I'm hoping he can come home soon! :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I think couples are like dogs they never forget an owners love or smell.

Elle said...

So glad you were able to see your man! I found it really helped me journal daily while he was gone. I started the online series Excellent & Praiseworthy:Deployment Dares (which I would recommend to anyone away from each other not just military couples). Each day after reading I would write my thoughts/goals in a journal. So now that he is back it helps to go back and remember all the things I promised myself to work on and change! I learned a LOT about myself during that time.

~ Elle

ginanorma said...

Awww I am sorry you are away from you,...that has got to be tough, what is he training for Daisy?

" "