our travel map




It has been over a week since RJ's been gone and I have been tracking his whereabouts on our little wall map. It's one of the ways to keep myself busy. So far he's been to Texas, Arkansas, Illinois, and Indiana. It's a fun little reminder in our office of where he is.

I can't wait until he comes home, It's amazing how much I miss him. But I know now more than ever that this is where God wants us. It's funny how much more I appreciate him now that he's gone. The things I would complain about just don't seem as important. I would love to be able to do his laundry, wash his dishes, and cook him food. I find myself thinking about women who's husbands are always away. How do army wives do it? They're gone for so long. It seems kind of silly for me to complain when I know other people have it so much harder.

But I will say that I miss my tall, handsome, milk drinking husband! It really makes me appreciate our relationship so much more. So ladies if you're married go hug your husband for me.

Sweetheart, if you're reading this, I love you. You're my favorite person.

Leave a Comment

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

Awe. I loved this post. My husband is away for training but absence makes the heart grow fonder. Is what I believe.

-wHiT

Ruthie Hart said...

you are too cute Miss Daisy!

Sarah said...

So cute!! We haven't been apart since we got married, but we spent 2 years long distance and it SUCKS, so I feel your pain!! Hope the time passes quickly for you :)

Amanda said...

This is precious! Praying for you sweet friend, while he's away! When does he come home? And! Indiana... That's where I live!

Jayme and Mendi said...

That's so cute! I tell my husband all of the time that he's my favorite.:-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I absolutley love this map. Love it. Love it.

Becca Acker said...

What a beautiful post! Appreciating those we love is so important. I like how you said you'd love to be doing his laundry, dishes, etc.

this hive. said...

hi there - newest follower to your amazing blog! how cute are you! i love this idea... too cute. my boyfriend lived in LA for the past year and a half and we are finally back in the same zip code!
xox
ellen
thishive.blogspot.com

Bernadeth G. said...

i'm in love with this!

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

Ash Louise said...

I don't know how army wives do it either!!! My aunt is an army wife and sometimes I can't believe how strong she is! I hope your husband comes home safely :)

Spanish Pinay said...

My husband once had to go to France for 2 weeks because of work... and those were the most difficult 2 weeks in my married life! It's so ridiculous but true!

Spanish Pinay

Danie at Pasadya said...

You're so sweet! I would definitely be a big baby without my husband around every day. Hope he gets home soon!

Simone Iantorno said...

Today is my anniversary and I don't know how u are doing it without your love! I don't know what I would do without mine! Good news is it sounds like he's coming back! Til then u are added to my prayers!

Simone @ busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

Marjorie Stradinger said...

Daisy

We don't always realize it, but it is a privilege to be married--to have someone in our lives who cares on a daily basis whether we live or die.

Even better when we are bonded, serve each other with joy, and build memories together which after a lifetime, we will look back on our incredible blessings.

Jay and I will celebrate 31 years this December, and though he jokingly says, 'We live in amazement,' it really does get better and better every year.

Nice post Daisy.

Marjorie Stradinger said...

OH, and I LOVE the map. Hilarious. You're so creative.

Katie said...

What a fun map! Some of my bffs have started their marriage off long distance and I {only kinda!} know how hard it can be, but the wait is so worth it :) I live in Indiana and there's not tons of exciting stuff going on around these parts...but I hope he's loving our little state :)

" "