What I would tell 17 year old me...






















You're not fat!
When you go to college don't eat in the cafeteria because you're going to gain 10 pounds.
Only God can satisfy whatever it is you're searching for.
You don't need to be with a guy to make you happy.
In fact, there will come a time where you think you will need to be with someone. You don't!
Love your mom and your brother.
You're going to loose some friends but you're going to make some great ones.
Life is nothing like what you expect.
Don't borrow any money. Ever.
You don't need a new car, stop bothering mom.
You marry a really great guy.
It's possible to love him more :)
Everything is going to be okay. Don't worry so much.

Those are some of the things I wish I would have known when I was 17. I made bad choices, went through hard times, and made my life way more dramatic than it needed to be. But it's those same choices that made me who I am today. God uses even our bad choices for good, I can better minister to others because of the things I have gone through. Although I wish I could take some of those things back, I'm grateful for the lessons I have learned.

Leave a Comment

jeands said...

17 year old are always clueless. and i think mistakes are there for us to learned from it. and we become wiser and stronger because of those mistakes, bad choices we made in the past.

happy weekend! you look dashing in that photo too, you should thank your 17 year old self for that because you became that because of that girl too. :)

Ruthie Hart said...

cannot agree more about losing friendships. In high school it is the end of the world when you lose a friend but now years later, I realize that those friendships were toxic and God was preparing my heart and teaching me valuable things about the future

Purposely at Home said...

What great thoughts... Too may girls believe the lie that they are too fat. God made you you and nobody else is as special as you. :)

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Becca Acker said...

It's so true that God can use our mistakes and work good from them. I'm sure you are now able to mentor those younger than you and guide them to make wise decisions. I know I want to share things I learned with those facing similar decisions.

Jennifer Blair said...

This so funny! I was just talking with a girl friend about what I'd tell the 17 year old me before I went off to college. I'd tell myself a lot of the same things!

Emily grapes said...

Aren't we just so clueless at 17 but think we know it all?? Its so funny to look back at ourselves and wish we weren't so dramatic or silly with our choices.

Even though I made the mistakes, I know I wouldn't wish them away either because that's what made me 'me' now. :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Emily grapes said...

Aren't we just so clueless at 17 but think we know it all?? Its so funny to look back at ourselves and wish we weren't so dramatic or silly with our choices.

Even though I made the mistakes, I know I wouldn't wish them away either because that's what made me 'me' now. :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Jennifer Hanson said...

Don't we all wish we could go back and tell ourselves those things. Great post! And such a great reminder that God can use our bad choices for good. My favorite verse is Romans 8:28!

-Jenn

Kristin said...

Life is HHHhhaaaaaard in high school! I wish I would've taken other people's advice more readily, and really held onto my friends when we all scattered post graduation...I often feel sad for losing touch with some really good friends. But maybe that was all meant to be.- It's good to take a moment and look back on those days - and remember how BIG each and every problem looked at the time, but in the grand scheme of things, was just a drop in the bucket. Helps me remember that the same is true now: don't stress - God will take care of the details - and in a few years, the big issues of today will be a drop in the bucket! - Thanks for this reminder Daisy, and enjoy your weekend!

" "