Very Pregnant





I am in 6 months pregnant (still can't believe it), and I am finally starting to feel "very pregnant". There is no hiding my belly, so strangers have been touching it non-stop. I only find it awkward when people want to carry on a whole conversation while holding your stomach. On the bright side, my feet aren't swelling, and I stopped throwing up (happy dance).

I am however ready for this baby to come out! I thought pregnancy was going to be glorious and beautiful, but so far It's been the pits. Don't get me wrong! Being able to have children is a blessing.... it's just hard. I'm not feeling the pregnancy glow. I have just been really hot and feeling fat. My body is not my own. I have also been having body image issues which I did not expect (maybe It's the hormones?).

Overall I'm grateful and I feel truly blessed. I can't wait to meet our little baby :)

I am curious, though. Are there any mama's who went through similar thoughts about their bodies? Or anyone going through it now? Someone tell me I'm not crazy!

Leave a Comment

Ruthie Hart said...

you look amazing! When are you due again? I still cant believe I am 5.5 months prego... I look at my belly and cant remember how I lived without it... nuts how the female body is made for this! Did you guys find out the sex?

Kimberly Bonham said...

You are so stinkin' cute!

nicole said...

I'm at nine months right now (38 1/2 weeks) and believe me, there is NO glow. There wasn't my entire pregnancy. I don't hate being pregnant but I'm definitely not enjoying it. It is kind of fun to feel him kicking around.

Make sure you drink TONS of water. Like 100oz a day. That will help with the hot flashes...esp at night. Keep water near your bed.

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

that's crazy they ask to touch your stomach, idk how i'd feel about that. Never being pregnant, so I don't know. :)

-wHiT

Becky Borgman said...

First of all I honestly think you look amazing! Whether you feel it or not, there is a glow to you!

I just had my baby girl 2 1/2 weeks ago and really can relate with what you are saying about your body not being your own. I think everything you are feeling/thinking is totally normal but I will also tell you (and I am sure you already know) that when that baby comes and is in your arms you would be willing to turn around and do it all again!

michelle said...

that is nuts that people will randomly touch your belly. so creepy! my future bump will come with a hands off sign! and you may not think you are glowing but you look great! :)

Michelle said...

You look amazing!!!

I can't believe strangers touch your stomach!!! I would freak!

Allyson Butler said...

I've been out of the blogging loop for so long...I can't believe I didn't know this! Congratulations - you look so great!

Allison said...

You look adorable. :)

Jill said...

You look amazing!! I'm almost 7 months along with my 3rd- and I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I really, really want my body back!!! I know it's all worth it, it's just hard to be patient!! Hang in there!

Kendall said...

First, you look great!! Second, I did not carry my two children very easy. Totally understand already feeling totally pregnant and still a few months out! You can do it! Your body is just the fist stage of parenting. You sacrifice what you feel is your "perfect body" so you can carry your child, give it the health, nutrition, and everything it needs to survive. As uncomfortable as you are, your baby is healthy, safe, and you are providing that!! You will soon sacrifice sleep, comfort, personal time, and things like that just for this precious baby and you will find that you won't care at all! It is totally worth it! Stay positive, remember your inward beauty is far greater value than your outward, and it will all be okay!

Amanda Wissmann said...

Very pregnant and VERY beautiful! You wear pregnancy well, even if you don't feel like you..

I LOOOOOVED pregnancy, BUT I also felt like I was living somoene else's life. I had ZERO energy for anything. I was always sick. Don't be discouraged! you have changed very quickly in a very short amount of time!

Soon you will hold that sweet baby and it will all be worth it!

Chelsea said...

You look great girl! I'm ALWAYS overheating! Ugh! No one has touched my belly yet and I'm very grateful for that but yes! I'm 32 weeks and ready to have this baby too!

Erin Ward said...

No babies here, so I can't really help you out.. : ) But! Those shoes are adorable. Love them!

Danie at Pasadya said...

You are so NOT crazy! I have "hormotional" issues without even being pregnant. :) Hormones + Emotional = Hormotional. You look lovely, sweet girl.

" "