Mommy wars




So far, one of the toughest things about being a mother has been the pressure I put on myself. Even before I gave birth I was already comparing myself to other moms. I have a feeling I'm not the only mom out there who feels a sense of pressure to be the "perfect" mom. I recently read a blog post that talks about the "mom war". She perfectly put into words what I have been feeling. She also perfectly put into words what I needed to hear most. I am unconditionally loved by God, whether I'm doing a great job or not.  It's so freeing to know that I don't have to feel guilty just because I'm not doing what another mom is doing (or maybe every mom I know is doing). It's ok! Whether your breast feeding or formula feeding, homeschooling or public schooling, co-sleeping or not, it doesn't matter! God loves you just the same, and THAT is great news!

To read the blog post on the mom war, go here.

Leave a Comment

" "