Brave new world




I remember having to read that awful book in High school. It's suppose to be one the greatest books ever written, but I don't think so. It was awful and I hated every page. But the title of the book is something I will never forget. It's a constant reminder of where this world is headed. I was reminded of it yesterday when a friend posted something on Facebook. She mentioned God on her status, and was immediately attacked. I was really upset at first and I even commented back. Then I decided that my energy would be better spent in praying for them. Then I cried a little. Not only for them but for what the world has become. I cried thinking of how lost people are, then I cried thinking of Jed.


It's hard to think of what kind of world he will live in. What kind of world will my sweet, loving son, live in? It's hard to imagine, but imagine it much different than this. I think it will be in a world where people no longer tolerate Christians. Where the burden of carrying the cross will be very real for every believer. Where we will no longer be able to watch TV or go to the movies. I hate to think of it, but I know It's inevitable.

I'm not sure what to do or what to make of it. I believe the best thing I can do is be faithful with the freedom I have now. I can be grateful that I am still able to teach my son the bible. I can still pray with him in public and God bless people when they sneeze. I think that all of those things will change (are changing). I can only pray that believers will be equipped to handle that kind of persecution. I don't think we can imagine how awful it will be.

However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 1 Peter 4:16

Leave a Comment

" "