Goodbye




It's always hard to say goodbye. Having to say goodbye to RJ was so difficult. I know I'll see him again and I know It's only temporary, but knowing that I won't be able to talk to him`on the phone everyday is crushing. I have had to say goodbye before, but this is different. I'm not only saying goodbye to RJ, but also to the life we had. Things won't be the same anymore. Although Jed and I will be here for a few more months, we will be moving away from everyone sometime in May. I don't know what life will be like when we move. I wonder where we will move. Will we have any friends? Will they be like our friends here? Can I really be as close to strangers as I am to my friends? I know people do it ALL THE TIME, but I just don't see it happening. I think the people I know are seriously the greatest. Each of them are a reminder of who Christ is. I know there are other Christians out there, but I just love these ones so much. 

I know It's soon to think about this, since we're not leaving yet, but It's exactly how I'm feeling. I'm proud of my husband and I'm going to miss him, but I know that this is something he wants. I have no doubt that he will be excellent. I told him that I expect nothing else than for him to do great. It's just awesome when you see people doing what God wants them to do. Funny how life turns out. This without a doubt has been the toughest year of my life. This has also been the absolute most shaping year. There's just defining moments in your life when you realize the type of person you want to be. And I have realized just one thing, that the kind of person I want to be is the one with Christ.

Leave a Comment

Mayra Romero said...

oh Daisy, this post made me sad.
Great picture of RJ though!
I don't even want to think about what is going to happen in May, every time I begin to think about it, my eyes begin to water and I hear my heart break. I love you guys so much and I want nothing but the absolute best for you and complete happiness. with that said, you are not getting rid of me so easily. you can be on the other side of the world and you'd still be my best friend. the internet is a beautiful thing that will allow us to communicate everyday if we wanted to. oh did I mention that I love to travel! I am excited for the next few chapters in both our lives.
you might make new friends but your old ones will always be here!

Michelle said...

Praying for you guys!! What a HUGE change this all will be. As someone who has moved a lot, it is very difficult, but I look back now and see how God shaped me into the person I am through those moves. It's never easy but always worth it. And I hear you on making new friends. It's so hard, but I will pray you will make tons!

" "