Happy 5 months





I'm grateful for Jed. My father in law mention on Sunday how lucky I am to have him. I agree. I'm grateful for a friend, a playmate, a fellow explorer, a big responsibility. He's so many things that I love! He's smart, adventurous, fearless, trusting, imaginative, and a daily reminder of the people I love the most. Most people say he looks exactly like me, but I think he looks a lot like RJ. He also reminds me so much of him. He's smart like his dad. He has the cutest butt chin like his dad. He's mad until he's fed, like his dad. The other person I can't help but think of when I see him is, Benjamin. I like to imagine that they would have been a lot alike. Ben looked just like him when he was born, blue eyes and all. He was big like Jed, long, and chubby. Yay for 81/2 lb babies :)

RJ called me from boot camp yesterday and said he met Ben. One of the guys in his platoon is named Ben. He said for some reason he reminds him of our son. He said he was really tall, and dark, and seems like an outstanding guy (haha). He said I don't know, I like to think that's what Ben would have been like. And although I can't possibly know, I like to think so too. God sends us things when we need them the most. I think that RJ needed a Ben there, and I think I needed someone to say I'm still thinking of him. Because although I'm incredibly grateful for Jed, I still think of Ben everyday. I think of him when I see other babies, when I see Jed, and when I see RJ. I wonder what life would have been like with two babies, two boys, two kids making my hair fallout. For the rest of my life I will think of what life would have been like with Ben. I'm grateful to have known him, even it if it was for just a few minutes.

Happy 5 months, Benjamin!

Leave a Comment

Mayra Romero said...

Such a sweet post :)
Ben will forever be your son, and we will always remember that you brought him into this world, Even if it were just for a small amount of time. He's now watching over you,his big brother and of course his DAD!
Happy 5 Months Ben! there is no doubt in my mind that you and your brother are the cutest babies in the world!

Jayme and Mendi said...

Hi! This was so sweet and touching. He will forever be with you. Sending prayers your way.

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

" "