Soul Cycle




I tried Soul Cycle for the first time, on Sunday. My friend Mayra took me with her on her Sunday routine. We did the Sunday afternoon class with Cate. All I can say is that it was such a blast! I had a lot fun. Even though I almost threw up 3/4 of the way through. Seriously! If I hadn't been clipped into my bike, I would have walked out. Regardless, I hope to go back!

It's a whole body workout. I'm ridiculously sore, everywhere. EVERYWHERE! This is my new favorite. I might even look into getting certified as a cycling teacher. You know, when I'm in better shape ;)

 So the class is a mix between cycling and dancing. You bike to the beat of a song, and you also move to it. They incorporate "pushUps" with the biking. You also have whats called, "tap it back". Most of the time you're riding with your butt off the bike. In some songs you have to tap it back to the beat.

How great is this place? I might just get this on my wall! Pretty motivational.


 The bikes are really neat. They have weights on the back that you use halfway through the class. The weight song just about killed my arms.

^^This is Cate. She was so much fun! I highly recommend taking her class for the first time.^^ Also, never take pictures AFTER you work out (sigh). But theres no phones allowed in the class. 
For the rest of "Movember", guys ride for free. I believe you also get a free class (next time) if you take a guy.

If you want more information go to the Soul cycle website here. They have a few locations, mostly in LA. We went to the one in Pasadena! My friend Mayra heard about it from Jacqui.

Hope you check it out! Happy Cycling.

Leave a Comment

Mayra Romero said...

you were awesome! I'm glad you were able to join me and see what Soul Cycle is all about.
Can't wait for us to go back together!
Tell people not worry if they feel like passing out. We ride in a dark/candle lit room. No one can see you ;)

Jayme and Mendi said...

Wow, this looks intense! Glad you enjoyed it!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

" "