4 more days or something like that...




The week is finally here!!! I'm not exactly sure what day RJ is coming home (Friday or Saturday), but I am so excited. Only a few days and I can hug this guy. I'm don't know what to expect when Jed sees him, but I am so glad that he will finally get to spend some time with him. It's been tough not being able to explain whats going on. I'm dreading the day he goes back. I know it will feel like starting over, but who cares, I'm so happy. I'm going to enjoy every minute of his time here.

I have learned a lot of things about the military, about myself, and about RJ. The biggest lesson is that the military is not for the faint of heart. I absolutely love RJ, and I would follow him to the ends of the earth. I have met some wives that don't exactly feel the same. I can see why so many marriages break up over this. It's hard to give up your life to completely support someone, but I don't ever think twice about it. I want to be with RJ. Everything else is just extra, but I would be lying if I didn't say this time is trying.

Theres no physical person there to combat the crazy thoughts. It took a lot of praying, and a lot of being honest with people. It's so easy to talk yourself into thinking your husband isn't thinking about you. I know theres wives who would be incredibly angry that their husbands didn't write or call. These are things that are out their control, most of the time. I could very well say they're irrational, but the battle is real. You spend so much time alone with your thoughts, specially when you're spending all your time with a toddler. Prayer is key, and remembering the very best things about your husband. I love still having his old letters (from high school) to read. I choose to remember the highest points in our relationship. Thats the best part about being away, it awakens something in you. It's like falling in love all over :)


Leave a Comment

" "