30 Days




As I mentioned a few days ago (here), I wanted to elaborate on my new years resolution. My new years resolution was to make more goals, but It's more than that. To put it into better words, I would like to be more disciplined. One of my favorite books is Spiritual Disciplines. I think It's very important for us to practice self control. I know that for me, this is an area that I really struggle in. I don't want food, TV, or other things to rule over me. I want to best utilize all of my life, to serve God.

When I look at someone who is an excellent shape, the first thing that comes to mind is how disciplined they are. Wether It's fitness, knowledge, or a hobby, that people excel in, I am most impressed by their discipline. Because the difference between these people and anyone else is that they are willing to say no to things in order to pursue what they want. So, in the same way, I would like to be that disciplined. So this year I would like to touch on all of these areas. This month i will be starting with....


30 days of no sugar (technically however many days there are in January).

I hate typing that!!! I'm not going to be very pleasant this month. Haha. I went back and forth on wether I should even write this. Considering I have a tub of chocolate fudge brownie in the freezer (sigh). That went in the trash! I really believe that if I can do this, I can do anything! I wanted to start with a big one. Sugar is a hard one for me, but typing it on here makes it official. So here are the rules:


No sugar.
Fruit is fine.
A lot of things have natural sugar, which is fine. Just read and make sure there is no added sugar. Here is a list of different names that are disguised as sugar.

That's all. Hurts doesn't it? If you're brave enough, join me.

Leave a Comment

Erick Hid and they All Go said...

Kudos to you for trying! Simple sugars are so good, yet so bad for you! LOL

By the end of the month, I'm going to have to be carrying KitKats in a holster in the event you get tempted to claw my eyes out! LOL

"Daisy, I can't take it anymore! Please eat this!" LOL J/K

" "