This Valentine's




Hope Everyone had a very happy valentines day! I had a really great time with my bff, Mayra. Do people still say bff? Is that a term that should have been left behind in middle school? Not sure. Although, there are a few terms, that should  never be used all together. You know what I'm talking about! Bae? Twerking? Swag? Yolo? We should all just agree to never say these again.


I was pretty sad to not have RJ here this year, but i had a really great time with a really great friend! We had some excellent sushi and had some great laughs. Plus, I got to wear my new lipstick which is always fun. It reminded me of how nice it is to be able to hangout with friends. You don't always get that chance when you have kids, and specially when you're husband isn't here. I never appreciated how much RJ helped me with Jed. I definitely miss that. Even just having him around helped my spirit. Some days are tougher than others, but Saturday started off kind of hard. Being able to talk to him helped a lot. Having fun with friends helped a lot too.

Sunday, was a different story! He managed to be super sneaky and had someone bring me flowers at church. I was over the moon. I would love to say this is totally RJ, but It's not! He forgets everything, and even though he means well, he has a hard time expressing himself. Even though the flowers were beautiful, they weren't the best part. The best part, was the letter that came with it. I'm glad I waited until I got home to read it, because I cried, and cried, and cried. Ha! I was speechless. That letter stirred deep emotions in me. That is the best was I can describe how happy it made me. It also made me realize something.

I have realized how important it is to truly marry someone who is madly in love with you. This is not to say that everything will be really easy when you do, but it helps. It helps to want to fight for your relationship, to want to work at it. To be really excited about seeing them and kissing them, and spending every moment you can with them. To hold out for that person, that won't be perfect, but that will love you, and respect you. I would be lying if I said that i have never been mad at my husband or that i have never hurt him, or that he's never hurt me. Just last year alone was an incredibly trying year for our marriage. I finally understand what people mean when they say marriage is work.

In my (almost) 3 years of marriage, I have learned what it means to experience loss with someone, to go through heartache, and stress, and wonder what in the world is going to happen to your family. To have no idea where your life is headed and where you're going to be (still there). To really know what it means to forgive someone, and to be so humbled that it makes you realize how prideful we are even though God has offered up so much free Grace. The biggest lesson I have taken this Valentine's Day, is to marry someone who loves you. Someone who loves the Lord, and who is faithful to Him. Someone who will respect you, and values your opinion. Someone who is willing to fight for and protect your marriage. Because, marriage is hard enough. So to all the single ladies, wait for that guy, because It's totally worth it :)

Leave a Comment

Mayra Romero said...

YOU'LL ALWAY BE MY BFF! 4 EVA! HAHAHAHA. we met in 6th grade when "bff" and "4Eva" was the hip thing to say. if we could of, we would of probably gotten matching tattoos lol
Loved spending the day with you and Jed you two were the best Valentines date I could of ever asked for. Well I think given the choice I would of probably of gone with JT or Charlie Hunnam but you two would of definitely been second on my list. JK you're my #1
;)

Rj is so sweet, but so are you. You two are blessed and fortunate to have found each other. You're a perfect example of what I one day hope to have.
Love you!

" "