3 Years!





Happy Anniversary to us! It's a bittersweet day. We have made it 3 years which might not seem like a long time, even for us, but in this day and age, It's something to celebrate. This anniversary is very different from the last two. I think back to the time when we first met. That first time I saw him in his yellow jacket. I would have never imagined this life we have created together. It might not be ideal to some people or even something people would want, but I love it. I love him! I love that he choose me. RJ would always tell me, thank you for choosing me. I thought it was cute and a little funny when he said it, but I finally get it. I think about the life I would have had a part from RJ, and It's not one that I can imagine. We made a lot of mistakes and A LOT of bad choices, but I'm glad that God was gracious enough to bring us back together.

I'm so grateful for my husband. We're not perfect, but he is perfect for me. I'm grateful for his love. For his desire to want to be with me. For the times where he takes away my insecurities. I love it when he makes me laugh, and when he thinks he's funnier than I am. The times where he knows exactly what I'm thinking just by the look on my face. When he makes me laugh even though I want to be really mad at him. For the times when he would bring MCflurrys home, even though it would mean weight gain. The nights he would surprise me with chili cheese fries because he knew I had a rough day (the weight gain is really starting to add up).

I love so many things about RJ. I love the way he genuinely cares for people. How he looks forward to talking to them and helping. He loves his church, and he loves serving them. How he has this way about him, he just knows what to say. How he can be silly, but still be taken seriously. I love the side of him that he doesn't show to anyone but me. Thats my favorite side :)

This past year has been the most shaping year in our marriage. The things that  have happened, made me have a deeper and fuller love for my husband, and marriage. I'm so in love with him. I'm in love with who he is and what he brings out in me.  I have learned that you need to be with someone who makes you the best version of yourself. Someone who you know cares for you. No one is perfect, and your husband WILL hurt you, It's inevitable. The absolute most attractive thing about him is Christ. Everything about him is a reflection of his love for God. His kindness, love for people, and desire to serve. That is what I am most thankful for in our 3 years of marriage. That God in His infinite wisdom, gave me a husband who loves Him above all.

Leave a Comment

" "