Candy and the Cankersaur




I received an email a few weeks back from Jason to review a book. I jumped on it, because Jed loves books. I could read to him all day. He especially loves correcting me on how the story really goes. We don't really let Jed use the iPad for the most part, but we will when it comes to reading books or on long trips. He loves reading books on there because he enjoys the scrolling motion. The iPad has become sort of a life saver for us around here.

Jed really enjoyed reading this book, and I did too. This is a picture book about a girl who receives a dinosaur as a gift and her determination to train him to be a good pet. It was adorable! It's very imaginative, which I just love. The story draws you in and makes you want to read until the very end, even as an adult. My favorite part has to be the beautiful illustrations. They are so colorful and creative. I could really see Cank becoming a children's stuffed animal (hint, hint, Jason). I took the chance to really teach Jed his colors! How could you not? 



This is a book we have been reading and that he really enjoys. It's a good size book, so sometimes we start and then come back to it. Sometimes we read it before bed which helps Jed wind down. He just can't seem to get enough of Cank!

Thank you Jason for this great book that we are able to add to our collection. The Cankersaur is one of our favorite characters now!

To get Jason's book or to see any of his other books, you can go here.

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

I love e-books for my kids. I'm going to check this out. Thanks!

" "