On Motherhood




There is this sometimes glamorous, sometimes crappy, always wonderful thing called motherhood. It has been just over 1 1/2 years that I have been at it, and it is ca-razy! I am by no means an expert, but I mean, who is? Anyone who says they are, is a liar. Ha! I can't say that time has flew by, because it seems more like it has dragged on. Specially the past year! But I was watching Jed in the playground the other day (sounds creepy), and I noticed something. He's not my little baby anymore. He has officially reached toodlerhood (word?). He's not exactly two yet, but he has the attitude of a two year old. He walks with an attitude. He dances better than anyone I know, and he makes me laugh more than anyone. Even his tantrums are adorable, well, not really. I have just been taken by his little personality that seems to be shinning through. I love the way he hugs me just because he feels like it, or when he kisses me because he thinks it will get him out of trouble. When he holds my face after I start crying. How he says Amen when he wants me to stop praying. There are just so many things to love about him. 

I can't help but to take a moment and just reflect on motherhood. I wonder what are the things that I will say to him that he will remember. The things that he will say to his wife, my mom always said this or did this. The things that he will inevitably be completely annoyed by. How will he remember me? How will he talk about me to his children? I am always so moved by these remarkable Christian women who leave such a legacy. I think that it start now. It start with shaping them as children, with loving them selflessly and unconditionally. It is something that can be difficult when I'm focused on my chores or even my circumstances. So I'm praying for my heart and my attitude, and for my little boy. Motherhood is a crazy, but fun ride, and I'm praying that I'm faithful for every part of it.


Leave a Comment

Rochelle Z said...

Daisy! You absolutely bless me with your transparency and how you portray motherhood in a realistic way. I'm sure it is ca-razy, but it is great to see how God is pulling you through moment by moment.

Mayra Romero said...

you're a great mommy! Jed is a reflection of you and RJ and that is why he is so stinking adorable and so loving! Now the dance moves, I don't know how he ended up with those, maybe his auntie?
I'm proud of you, and a true inspiration.
Love you.

" "