Turning around negativity





Since hearing the news that we are possibly moving to Korea, we have been doing all the paperwork to start the process. I went to the doctors last week for a physical, and I am happy to say that there were no problems. It makes me so excited! I know that seems silly, but I'm so grateful. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It also made me realize something, I'm a really negative person. I had been expecting really bad news. I realize that I seem to expect the worst in situations. Instead of praying or giving it to God, I prepare myself for bad news. When everything turned out fine, I felt really silly. But today I know what kind of person I want to be. I don't want to worry about life. I am reminded of Luke 12:25, that says we can't change anything by worrying. Worry won't make you healthy, it won't make your problems go away, and it certainly can't change anything. Only God is able to change your circumstances. So I have resolved to give things to God, even in the most difficult of circumstances. I don't want to be a negative person, or a person who complains and worries about every situation. It can be exhausting to be around people who you have to reassure all of the time that everything is going to be okay, and I don't want to be that way. I want to encourage and uplift. I want to overflow with thanksgiving for all that Christ has done, and I want to express that to others. I feel really great spiritually, for the first time in a very long time. I'm excited to see what God does next!

Leave a Comment

Mayra Romero said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. You've had a rough year, its understandable. It's great that you acknowledge it and want to change it :)
And for the record, from someone who knows you since you were 12 years old,You are not a negative person, you are actually the opposite, you always seemed to have a CAN DO attitude(especially at the GYM lol) You have always been the one to tell me to have faith, and that all will be okay.
we all hit rough patches in the road, but we recover from them.
Thank you for helping me through mine. I love you!

Erick Hidalgo said...

My Motto - "Worrying is like a rocking chair... It give you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere." :-D

Rochelle Z said...

Daisy! You are an amazing young lady to put yourself out there and be genuine with not only yourself and others, but with God.
I've noticed with my condition there has been a lot more fear, anxiety, and worry more than the average person. I hate it cuz it's not like me to do those things. But amongst it all, for you and me, God is gracious. He doesn't get frustrated with us, he just wants us in those moments to be still and cease striving (Psalm 46). That's just it, rest in His love and mercy.
Love you!

Christina Sanchez said...

Im truly blessed by this post daisy i love u, God bless you even when we dont talk as often as i would like u still encourage me❤ Praise God!

" "