Motherhood is about learning





Mothers Day was really great this year! I may have little experience in the mom department, but I really love it. I'm incomplete without RJ, but I'm in a really good place, spiritually.  I really took so much in from this morning's service. I was reminded of my role as a wife and mother, but more importantly, as a follower of Christ. He keeps me going!

The biggest lesson I have learned as a mom is to learn from others! Everyone has something to teach, sometimes bad, but a lot of times good. My motherhood is pieced together from things I have learned from other women (mostly from my mom and RJ's mom).  Everyone has something to offer you. Sometimes its easy to dismiss people because we think we can do a better job, or because we're smarter. But even the mom with bad choices has lessons to teach. Even if those lessons are, don't do what I did! I'm so grateful for that! For all the women who came before me. The ones who have affected me in any way, wether big or small. I cherish every relationship so much. To every grandma and mom, and aunt. You are all wonderful! Wether one kid or five!  The thing that breaks my heart is thinking that any woman might feel like they have nothing to offer. The truth is, we have all made really terrible choices. God still uses those! Isn't that wonderful? To know that God uses those things for good! That was my big reminder this mothers Day. I hope to one day be like Timothy's mother and grandmother. I think of my mother in law in that way. How her faith and legacy will live on because of her faithfulness. That is the kind of mom I want to be!

I hope that everyone had a really great Mothers Day! And if nobody told you, you matter and you have something to offer :)

Leave a Comment

Yadi said...

Love You, and I admire you for such strength you have. I know that the Strength you have isn't from you but from God, He has been giving it to you little by little and its such a blessing to see How you've been strengthened up in this past year. It in the Bible Romans 5 "but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. I Praise God for You!

" "