planting some vegetables!




Yesterday afternoon, after nap time, we went outside and planted a garden! I decided to make some popsicle markers out of the felt I bought at Joann's. We already had everything else from the dollar tree, so we just went out there and started planting some seeds. 

 ^^He had to bring his monkey with him (of course)!^^
I think he was a little confused by the concept of putting the dirt IN the planters. 
 Watering was his favorite part! He loves watering plants, so it will be easy to get him to do it :)


 He was a very good seed planter!


We did it! He did most of the work. I was so proud of him. I know he didn't exactly understand the concept, but I hope he will, once they start growing. I just took it as an opportunity to teach him different things. I hope he learns that seeds grow and that we need to take care of them in order for them to grow. Ultimately God will decide if these plants will grow or not. All we can do is plant and water. There will be activities we can continue to do as he gets older.  I think he will pick up different things each time.

Althoug, sometimes they will just be for fun ;)

Leave a Comment

Mayra Romero said...

you make me want to quit my job and just hang out with you two! I want to plant with him!
xoxo

" "