How to Start a Blog




This is probably the question I get asked most often by friends, family, readers. They want to know how they can start their own blog. So I thought I would share with you the super easily way to start one.

1. Pick a platform. The most popular being blogger and wordpress, but there are a lot of websites where you can start a blog. I prefer blogger because It's connected to google and you can easily customize it, but wordpress is also very popular and I have heard its easier to transition into a web domain if you ever want to.

2. Pick a name. Remember that if you want people to read it, you're going to have to tell people this name. Try not to pick anything too embarrassing or long, or something people won't remember.

3. Take lots of pictures! This is what makes people want to see your blog. Pictures are so easy to do now with all the technology. You can take decent pictures with your iPhone. I know a lot of bloggers who do strictly iPhone post now.

4. Be a good writer. Ha! This one is kind of funny because that I am not. like I'm pretty sure I grammatically botched that last sentence, and probably this one. But you know what, if you're an interesting writer (maybe sadly enough), it doesn't matter. I will give you this blog as reference, very popular but very poor writing. Sometimes people care more about captivating writing, or pretty pictures, both are good.

5. Just do it. Like nike! Its really not as big of a deal as you think. Most people have some type of blog, wether personal or public, or as a business. A blog is like a modern day journal, or resume.

6. Do it for you. Not in hopes that you will be the next (whoever a famous blogger is). Just do it because you enjoy it, because you want to connect with people, or express yourself creatively. There are a lot of reasons to start a blog, being famous is probably not one of them. Not to say that you can't make money doing this, but it shouldn't be your only priority or main one.

7. Connect with people. Its important to make connections and get to know other bloggers and people online. Don't think that you're going to start a blog and have thousands of followers over night. If you're looking to make this into a business it takes a lot of work (that I know nothing about). But thats for another post.

8. Share it. I have had people say they tried blogging but it never went anywhere because no one read it. Ummm, did you share it? I will admit that I was embarrassed to share at first, but I ended up getting a lot of positive feedback from people I knew. You don't have to share every post, but maybe the first few or some that really mean a lot. Eventually you can leave it up to them if they want to continue following.

In reality blogging has become a very lucrative thing that a lot of people are trying to get into. These are not tips on how to make money off blogging or how to become popular, but just how to start a blog. Wether for personal use or for a business, blogging can be a really great tool to get to know people and make friends. Which I currently need! Ha.

If I didn't answer all of your question or you have something else you want to know, feel free to email me at daisygproductions@gmail.com or comment below.

Leave a Comment

" "