What terrible Two's?





I always swore my child would never experience the terrible two's mostly because he would know who's boss. Ha! How you totally eat your words when you're a mom. So the terrible twos have come. My theory about the terrible twos is that its a turning point where kids realize they can say no and try and cry to get their way. In a sense its a really crucial point where it will determine how they're going to act towards you. But it is really comical how quickly it happens. Like they must all talk about it, and tell each other that when they turn two they're suppose to become a terror. I think it also has to do with his ability to clearly talk. My goodness! This kid does not stop talking, it is both adorable, and driving me crazy.


This is  a really fun and kind of stressful age. There is a lot of responsibility with having a child but I think this is when it is taken to another level. He picks up on everything! I said "that sucks", so he said sucks. Its like the magnifying glass is put on you, that much more. They pick up on everything, if you're ignoring them, if you're mad at dad. There is a lot of accountability that a toddler brings. This staying at home job is no joke. Although it's easy to try and just entertain him and get other things done, I want to make sure that I'm trying my very hardest. THAT is so tough! I laugh because every time I say I love you I tell him to look at me. So now when I say look at me, he just says I love you. But I want him to know that I'm not just going through the motions (most of the time). That he really matters to me and that I want the very best for him. Something that at times seems impossible in this world. Its really scary to be responsible for another person. The other night RJ picked up his shoes and said, we have a person living with us! Yeah, we do. It's kind of crazy. A person who will grow up to be an adult.

I can't help but wonder what kind of adult. My hope and desire for him is to love God, and to serve Him wholeheartedly. I fear for all the things that will distract him from that. Like, really, honestly, fear. I don't want to be another distraction. I want to point him to God, not be a hindrance. I don't think that means perfect, because that's impossible. I'm trying to be honest with him, and ask for forgiveness, even though he has no idea what I'm taking about. But I think it starts now. I think now determines what kind of child he will be, but it also determines what kind of parents we will be. I'm hoping that It's good ones. I don't mean fun parents who teach their kid about art, do crafts, and activities, or parents who just take pride in how intelligent and successful their child is. But parents who teach their kid about Jesus, who teach him the bible, who teach him to love others more than he loves himself, even when It's really hard (It's always hard). To be a gentleman, to be loving, and giving, and sacrificial. To be honest, and to walk away from any situation that can compromise his character. To be the kind of person, man, that the world no longer seems to care about. It's just too easy to be anyone else. It's so hard to look at him when I know the battle he has ahead. Not a physical one but a spiritual one. Guys! This world seems is nuts, that's a reality that's just too hard to not see.  It's hard to just be a decent human being, let alone a Christian. With all the things on the news, sometimes I can't help but be disheartened. But I'm reminded that there is hope. Not in good people, or in great parent, but in Jesus Christ, and that is the only hope I cling onto.


Leave a Comment

Rochelle Z said...

Wow Daisy! This update and reality check for parents and parents to be is...well a reality check! It makes me want to pray for my parent friends a lot more. THAT is a big responsibility. Not just your life but the life of another human being. Thanks for updating us on how we can pray for you and not just what you're eating lol. Love you.

" "